Krupp Sd.Kfz.121 Panzer II Tank
Krupp Sd.Kfz.121 Panzer II
German Army 5.PzDiv 31.PzRgt, WWII Eastern Front, 1941
Item No. HG4605
The 5th panzer Division was formed in November 1938 at Oppeln that was in Prussia at the time. Equipped with 335 tanks it took part in the invasion of Poland from September 1, 1939 until May 1940. Next they fought in France before moving to the Balkans and Greece where they stayed until June 1941. From then until March 1945 was spent in fierce fighting on the Eastern Front ending with the surrender of the 5th Panzer Division to Soviet forces near Danzig, Poland in April 1945.
Hobby Master's 1:72 scale Panzer II is a small tank in this scale. The bottom portion of the hull is constructed in diecast metal with the top portion and turret in plastic, which allows for maximum details like panel hinges and simulated diamond-plate surfaces on the tracks' fenders. Battlefield and track repair equipment are both separately applied and integrated into the hull's casting. The 360 degree rotating turret has a pivoting co-axial mounted machine gun and cannon, and the leaf-spring suspension on each road wheel can be clearly seen through the vehicle's tracks.
- Diecast metal & plastic construction.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Rotating Tires/Treads (as applicable).
- Folding windshield w/wipers (where Applicable).
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
- Authentic markings & paint-schemes.
- Display base w/Acrylic cover.